Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sad News

I woke up Sunday to an absolutely beautiful day.
I was making Alex's breakfast and planning our day together when I got a phone call.
My boss lost his twenty year old daughter in a car accident the night before.
Police showed up at his door at 3 in the morning to give him the news.

Isn't it scary how our entire lives can change in just a moment?
Her death has reminded me to hug my loved ones a little tighter and appreciate everyone in my life a little bit more.

I came home last night after a ten hour work day to find my son in a grumpy, whiny mood. My first reaction would be to sigh and become frustrated, but I stopped myself and just hugged my little guy close and did the best I could to make him happy.
Why?
Because I know my boss would give anything in the world right now to come home and find his daughter there...even if she were in the worst of moods.

Will you guys do me a favor this week?
Tell someone you love how much you love them...or give them a hug...or a kiss.
Anything!
Just make sure they know how much you care about them.


Anyway, it's been pretty sad around here the past few weeks.
March has been one of those months that brought a new piece of sad news every single week.
And this piece of news has probably been the most heartbreaking of all.
It has certainly made getting anything creative done very difficult.

I am so hoping things will get brighter after this!
I think I need some happy in my life right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment