Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ramblings and a New Monster!

I hope you'll forgive me if I ramble for a few minutes...I'll reward you with photos of the latest monster in the art room, I promise!

So I have a confession to make...I've been holding myself back.
Actually, I've been doing that for years now.
It seems that I've kept the "high school mentality." I'm already a terribly shy person, and I'm discovering I just care way too much about what others think of me...to the point that I let it control who I am.
Isn't that awful? It's felt awful.

As you know, I have a new baby girl. After she was born, I was able to finally start the beginnings of my dream. I quit my job and started staying home with my kids.
I have been enjoying every single one of these precious moments...


Lately, people have been telling me I look better than I ever have.
I was pleased with this statement, but couldn't quite figure out why.
I think I finally know what it is...Confidence.

I'm finding now that I have my own little family, I'm constantly surrounded by people (well, little people and an awesome hubby) that accept me for the way I am. I don't have to hide anything from these three.
And you know what?
I'm discovering that I actually like myself. I'm even learning to forgive myself when I make mistakes.

I know this might all sound a bit silly to you, but for me, it's HUGE.
As funny as it sounds, I'm actually becoming inspired by my dolls and their little blog that allows them to live.
I think I'm finally ready to really start living. And what better place to start than here?

It's really going to be a bit of a plunge for me, so I hope you'll stick with me as I work on coming out of my shell a bit. :)

And since I promised, here's the latest monster in the house!
(Forgive me for the photo quality...still trying to get used to this new cheapy camera.)


His bright colors make me smile.


He says he loves to party!
Anytime, any place...he's there!


He's 6.5" tall and hand sewn.

He still hasn't told me his name though.
Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. Youre not silly you are a creative soul. Your kids are beautiful and your party animal is adorable!! Keep up the great work;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rosanna! I really do appreciate it :)

      Delete