Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Special Doll for a Special Friend

I have to tell you guys about my best friend, Jessi.
She is one of the nicest people I know.

She and I have been friends since we were just little kids.
We went to church together (and we were very involved in that church!).
For a few years, her mom would babysit my brother and I after school everyday.
She's always been there for me when I needed it.

As I look back at our relationship, one thing always really hits home to me.
There have been several times throughout the years that we've grown apart (high school especially)...yet, we have always been able to pick right back up as if no time has passed.
Jessi has shown me that is what makes a true friendship, and I just love her for it.

Anyway, enough sappy stuff. I'm sure I've embarrassed poor Jessi enough. ;)

I decided to only make one Christmas gift this year, and I knew it had to be for Jessi.
She's done so much to encourage (hassle lol) me into opening an etsy shop this year. It just seemed appropriate that I make her a doll of her own.


Jessi decide to name her Penelope!


This little doll is pretty special.
The fabric for her arms and legs was dyed by Jessi and her daughter, Olivia. It was originally a costume Olivia wore to school. After the school event was over, Jessi gave it to me to use for dollmaking.
 
The pretty yarn I used for her hair was dyed by Jessi too!
She decided to try out dyeing some yarn for me as a Christmas present.
Lucky for me, Jess was too excited to wait until Christmas to give it to me...so I was able to surprise her by using it for her doll! :)
 
Jessi actually hand dyes thread in all sorts of gorgeous colors for tatting (something I had never even heard of until she introduced it to me).
You guys should go visit her at her blog or her shop!

2 comments: