Friday, February 4, 2011

Altered Journal

I just love having an art journal.
It's such a relaxing thing to do...and a great place to play with paint and collage
(plus, it creates a perfect home for my little doodles!)

I started my altered journal quite awhile ago and have been working on it off and on over the past year. I really don't work on it nearly enough!

I picked up a random hardback book on clearance and got to work gluing pages together and ripping pages out when it started getting too fat. It was a really scary thing to do to a book, but once I talked myself into doing it, it was a lot of fun!

I've found that I can't really make myself focus on a single page at once. Instead, I just randomly flip through the book until something jumps out at me to be added.

Here are a couple of my pages so far...




I haven't touched either of these pages in awhile...so maybe they're done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment