Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Week of House Sitting

Well, this week has been busy busy and not in the way that I would have hoped!
We spent the entire week at my mom's,
taking care of her dogs while she was out of town. It's nice being at her house
(it's bigger than ours so it gives us all more room to stretch out), but packing up stuff for two adults, one baby, and two dogs for a week makes it feel like we were moving!

Unfortunately, I didn't really pack my sewing stuff
so I was very unproductive this week.
 I did, however, spend some time with my sketchbook.
It's sad...I look through all my old sketchbooks at my mom's and think about the days when I drew picture after picture of crazy fantastic creatures.
Sometimes I feel like I've lost my magic.
(I've faced a depressing amount of tragedies over the past ten years...not to mention a traumatizing art school experience that left me giving up on art completely for two years...so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself.)

Anyway, I'm trying to commit to reconnecting with my old self.
I miss my creative side that could see the dragons lurking behind the trees and
the fairies flitting by in the wind.

I'm happy to say I'm now back home and happily working on my newest project.
This will be my first time working with faux fur...and it's pretty interesting so far!

Since I don't have any pictures of my progress,
you get to play peek-a-boo with Scribble!



Hope you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment