Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

"We bless this year for all we learned,
for all we've loved
and lost
and for the quiet way
it brought us nearer to our inevitable destination."
- John O'Donahue

I thought that quote summed up the year perfectly. :)

2011 has ended with an unexpected twist for me
(a crazy move that was unfortunately a step backwards for us...
but I keep telling myself sometimes we have to step back in order to move forward).

My new year's resolution?
I hope that one day a long time from now,
I can look back at 2012 and say,
"That was when it all began...when I finally started to become the person I always dreamed of being."

I'm really looking forward to starting this new year and the plans I have for it.
Best of all, in a month or less, our family of three will be a family of four!
I can't think of a better way to kick off a new year, can you?

I hope you guys all stay safe on this new year's eve...
and of course, happy new year!!

(Now that the dust is finally starting to settle around here, I'll soon share with you guys a few of the things I've been working on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment