Saturday, April 13, 2013

Custom Pocket Fluffs, an Anniversary, and Meet Doodle!

Whew, lots to share this week!

First, here's the Pocket Fluffs this week!
Some were custom orders, and some were listed in the shop, but all have moved onto new homes now!







This custom pair isn't quite finished yet (and I'll take better pics when they are), but I couldn't wait to share their progress! They are a bride and groom created to celebrate a wedding next year!
I couldn't wait to share them because yesterday (April 12th) was my 5 year wedding anniversary. :)


My husband and I had a wonderful time celebrating yesterday. The best part though? He surprised me with a weekend trip! We're leaving almost as soon as I finish this blog post!
I'm so looking forward to just relaxing for a couple of days. I'm bringing my sketchbook along, but I've been told no sewing is allowed. So no monster progress until Tuesday. :)

This last little one has a bit of a funny story.
I've been wanting a Pocket Fluff of my own ever since I made the first one.
I've been waiting for one to tell me that he's the fluff for me, but had no luck so far.
So I decided since this was my anniversary week, I would take matters into my own hands and just make one for myself.
I picked my very favorite fur and made this cuddly little Pocket Fluff:

Isn't that rainbow fur gorgeous??
 

I had one Pocket Fluff left from the last shop update and I kept thinking I really loved his face, so I made a similar one for her.
Unfortunately, when I finished her I realized she wasn't the one I've been looking for.
(She was listed in the shop and adopted pretty much right away, by the way. I can't wait to make more from this fur!)

Anyway, the funny part of this story...Remember this guy?

He was the last Pocket Fluff in the shop. He sat all week on my desk staring at me as his other pals headed off to new homes. As soon as I finished the rainbow fluff, this little guy told me he'd been meant for me all along.


So I'm happy to introduce you to Doodle, the official Pocket Fluff of Scribble Dolls.
He and I have big plans (okay, maybe not THAT big....but when you're the size of a Pocket Fluff, most plans are big).

I will be creating an album on facebook and a photo set on flickr titled "The Adventures of Doodle Fluff." On slow days, I'll share what Doodle has been up to lately! I think it'll be fun, don't you??
(And yes, Doodle is coming along for the trip this weekend!)

When I get back on Tuesday, I'll be back to work on my list of customs (one doll and a bunch of Pocket Fluffs!).



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love the bride & groom fluffs, those are too cute! My little fluff is so glad you're keeping Doodle, and can't wait to see more pictures of his batch-sibling..haha! His name is Widget, and the two that will join him will be Gidget and Fidget! :)
    Happy anniversary, hope you're having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love the names you've picked out for them!
      Thanks! It was a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I almost bought the little guy you kept, I sat here for the longest time debating XD They're such cuties!!! I love the gal I ended up with so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like her so much!

      Funny thing about that moment you purchased her...

      I had JUST finished the rainbow fluff and was sitting at my desk, holding the two fluffs. I was just realizing that the blue guy was the one that was meant to be Doodle...when all of a sudden my phone made the "cha-ching" etsy sale sound.

      I was immediately all sad thinking, "Oh noooo, I realized it too late and he's sold!"

      When I saw you had bought the pink one instead, I immediately pulled his listing because I realized how sad I would be if he had sold.

      So really, it's all your fault that Doodle is a permanent resident now. LOL.

      Delete