Monday, August 27, 2012

A Love/Hate Relationship

I'm curious, do you guys have a love/hate relationship with your projects?

I love making things, but I find I go through a cycle with my creations...

When I first start on the project, I'm super excited and it's all that I can think about.
Somewhere in the middle, I start getting bored and feeling like I'll never finish it and I just want to be done with the whole thing...
And then suddenly, it starts coming together and I get so excited about it that I work obsessively to finish it.

Anyway, I've been a bit quiet lately because I've just hit the obsessive creating part of the cycle with my current doll.
I was bad last week about it...I didn't even want to get dressed because it would take away from my creating time! (The only exception is if one of my kids need me...they always take priority, of course!)


Here she is in all her pinned together, headless glory!
I can't wait to see how she turns out when she's all finished.
She's a very special gift for an old friend of mine. :)

In other news, Bliss has gone off to participate in the craft show at our local fair.
I'm not getting my hopes up to win anything, but I can't help but feel nervous.
This will be the first time any of my creations have ever been on display for anyone.
I know, it's just a silly little local fair, but still!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished a doll I didn't like when I way at the half way point. I like her now. Good luck with Bliss:)

    ReplyDelete